Minä Perhonen in Berlin
This year, around the end of June, there was a PR event for the then new collection of Minä Perhonen, taking place at the only shop in Berlin which sells Minä Perhonen clothes, Happy Shop in Torstraße, Mitte.
Luckily, I got to know Aoi Nagae, who is in charge of PR for Minä Perhonen (but she also designed some textiles for Minä Perhonen, which she showed me once and are really very beautiful!). She writes a pretty blog for Elle Japan in which she writes about her life in Berlin (she lives with her husband, the artist Takehito Koganezawa and her now - congrats! - two kids in an amazingly beautiful apartment) and her work for Minä Perhonen, beautiful things she finds, exhibitions, publications (she also wrote an article for the recent Here & There magazine) etc.
Anyway, you can find lots of pretty photos on the summer event on her blog here.
The video above is showing the recent Minä Perhonen collection…
Ah, and that´s me on that awful hot day, happily wearing a beautiful piece of Minä Perhonen, serving foods the amazing caterer brought (one ! japanese woman, who I forgot the name of - how shameful…):
Digital Natives Magazine Submissions
is looking for articles, photos, reviews - look at their tag cloud! - for their first printed issue, which should go into print in December. If you have any ideas for something you are looking a place to be published for, this might be your chance.
The deadline for submissions is about the end of this week.
Interested in any of these fields? (see the big cloud here)
I have been on a short trip to my homeland and enjoyed the nature (and friends and food) there as always. In Berlin, I feel like seasons are just a changing temperature and a tree losing leaves in front of my bedroom window. Soon, in Austria everything will turn white for a long time. If you can, treat yourself with a holiday in the Alps, the clean, fresh air can heal alot.
A new huge post by me, telling about stuff.
Life is going fast, but my iMac goes slower and slower day by day, “he” seems to be an old man, burdened by software and data, while he´s not even close to be out of storage where he could put his burden.. I do everything for him, but still… he looks like he has overcome my love and ignores all my efforts - I feel already stupid with my desktop picture I have been using for 3 years now… and I secretly visit the Laptop aisles in the electronic supply stores. How long will this last?
By the way, a new little companion is on his way… a little Smartphone, which I promised myself to buy as a cheerup-gift, if I don´t get something-something and well, I obviously didn´t get something-something…. So, it´s a cheap Samsung-chan, featuring Android, which I will be happily rooting and upgrading to whatever possible and working my way through it and giving it 32gb and I have already made a list of Apps I will install on it. (I am sooo waiting for it)
My App-wish-list is not that long so please, have a look, maybe you find something for yourself:
- AnkiDroid. Flashcards you can use to learn something (languages). Amazingly, it is also possible to learn from whatever videos you like! You give a ridiculosly named program (watch vid on google play site for explanation) the vid-file, subtitles (i.e. Japanese & English) and it produces your personal Anki-Video/Picture Flash Cards. Fun+Study=Success
- Droid Comic Viewer. Do I need to explain this perfectly named App?
- Morning 2 App. So, this is called a “wish-list”, which means, I am not sure if I will be able to read any Morning2 manga with their app or if it is just an app telling me the content of the current issue. Still, I will happily download it and probably keep it on the phone, even if it´s just bullshitty content I don´t need. A cute little button stating “Morning 2″ helps me remember to read the free-online issue every month. That´s enough happiness.
- Magastore App. This allows you to get some free magazines on your phone (I suppose - don´t really know about it yet). According to previous customers, it´s pure evil software you will not be able to delete. 50 say 5 stars. 655 say 1 star. But I want free magazines on my Samsung-chan!!! (again: this is my mind´s wish-list!)
- Koehon. This is an App with which you can load lovely children books on your phone or tablet. The books are mostly of excellent quality, but I think, most of them are in Japanese. So it is also a great thing for learning Japanese with fantastic illustrations. Btw, you can read all books on their website for free.
So, this is already the end. I will not include Games, because I don´t want to indulge into an endless research…. (let´s just say, that Square Enix has some interesting stuff going on)
Please tell me, which App you would recommend for, well.. my taste, haha..
All of those above are somewhat Japanese. I am not the crazy-about-Japan-No.1-person, I simply started to learn Japanese recently, again. I already had my intermezzo with this one of a kind language (which is actually similar to turkish!) years ago, and still talk to alot of my Japanese friends in Japanese. I had gradually forgotten almost everything I had already learned, and thinking about it, I feel sorry for my friends who had to interpret my poor choice of words and the no-grammar kind of way I spoke… really, sorry. But now, it became such fun to remember things I already knew and to read books! I read books in Japanese! (slowly) Really, I cannot remember the last time, when I had that much fun with and could put that much effort into this impossible task of learning J. . Maybe it´s because I took a break from it.
Taking a break is really important.
And then, I also thought about how I learned English. I read alot of books in English and watch movies and tv shows in English. I think books and movies really make an impact on my abilities, so this time I try to read as much as possible and listen to it as much as possible. Talking is another issue…
While starting to learn J., again, I took a break on designing and illustrating. It´s good to “look back” now, as I realize, there is still a large gap between what I did produce and what I want to produce. Some designs are a good start, but it´s not unique enough…
Always good to have ambition, isn´t it?
I wanted to do a beautiful post about what I would like to buy (fashion and furniture) including lots of photos, but now that I wrote a shitload about Samsung-chan´s future Apps, I will postpone the beauty-post to the future.
My Illustrations at Society6
I uploaded three designs on my Society6 shop today. Please, have a look at them and maybe you wanna promote them or even buy a design. I realized, there are thousands of people uploading their wonderful illustrations and it is very difficult to get some expose there (or even sell something). Still, I like to see my work applied…
The Great Rabbit, by Atsushi Wada - The Trailer
Overture for Rayons
*_* i need furniture